I need a haircut! So, come along with me to Salon Posta — and then after the cut, you can see how I style it. It’s been awhile since I did a tutorial. And while I’m there, I’ll ask the stylists what the biggest mistakes men make with their hairstyle.
Hair Gaffes + Solutions
- Not knowing how to properly style their hair — take the product you’re using when you go to your stylist and barber. Allow them to use your product if it’s appropriate for your hair and have them walk you through the process.
- Not researching what’s the best product for your hair; not selecting quality hair products — drugstore products are cheap and low quality. And chances are, they’ll damage your hair over time with low quality ingredients. Invest in quality products that are (a) good for your hair and (b) will perform better.
- Using a two-in-one shampoo — these products have too many detergents. Plus you can’t have a good shampoo AND hydration in the same product. Three-in-one is gross as well. You need to shampoo first and then follow with a conditioner for healthier hair.
- Balding men that comb over — they are nasty! Either shave it or go to Bosley (the hair doctors). Also, don’t get a hair piece.
- Too much product — less is more. If you need a lot of product, it’s probably the wrong product for your hairstyle. You also may need a pre-styler like Pete & Pedro’s Sea SALT Spray for texture and volume. Crunchy curls are the worst too — use a leave-in conditioner like Pete & Pedro Cream.
- Not keeping your hair maintained — make an appointment on your way out of the salon or barber to keep you on schedule.
- Being in a hairstyle rut — ask the stylist or barber their suggestion(s)
Pete & Pedro
Salon Posta + Laura