Part of my job as your grooming sensei is to stay up-to-date on all the latest grooming research, trends, and scientific data. The other day, I was doing a little recon when I discovered an article from Esquire. I reviewed the tips they presented about grooming, and I came to the conclusion that Esquire sucks. So, forget Esquire and their stupid-ass tips, and instead, check out my favorite grooming tips, tricks, and hacks.
My favorite grooming tips & hacks
- Shave your face in the shower — the heat and steam soften bristles. Use face wash as your shaving cream to take it next level.
- Use an old toothbrush to exfoliate your nose — if you have an area prone to breakouts, blemishes, and clogged pores, use a soft toothbrush to gently exfoliate. You can also use an old toothbrush to remove dead skin from your feet.
- Clean your ears directly after your shower — the wax is softer at this time, and thus, easier to get out. Do not use a Q-tip, which will push the wax deep into your ear. Use the Spade Axel Glade instead.
- Use ball powder as your dry shampoo — it will absorb oils and grease to make your hair look cleaner and fresher. Your hair will also have more texture and volume.
- Apply Vaseline before applying your fragrance — after a shower, hit your pulse points with dabs of Vaseline to create a barrier layer so that the fragrance doesn’t soak into your skin. The fragrance will instead sit on top of your skin.
- Use Vaseline on your lips — keep your lips kissable and soft by applying at bedtime.
- Rub Vaseline on your cuticles and nails — condition your cuticles/nails with Vaseline, but also keep your hands looking sexy before you head out the door.
- Utilize your nose hair grooming tool different ways— not only for your nose but for edging ears, edging nostrils, and running around lips. I also use it for edging around my ears to make my haircut last longer.