Summer is right around the corner! I thought it would be appropriate to do a body grooming tutorial, so you don’t look savage this season. There is not a one-size-fits-all grooming routine. What works for me might not necessarily work for you and vice versa. You have to find something that you enjoy, which makes you feel confident and sexy. I perform my grooming routine on Sundays weekly as I shave many areas. If you’re somebody that just trims, you can get away with every 2 weeks, perhaps every 3 weeks. You just want to make sure you don’t look like a savage.
Hair removal method is a personal preference
- Depilatory creams like dare are something that a lot of guys use. You simply squirt it in your hand and rub it wherever you might want to remove hair. After it sits for a while, rinse off in the shower. In my opinion, these creams can be a bit irritating because of the chemicals.
- Another hair removal option is waxing. You can buy waxing strips at the drugstore or go to a facility to let them handle the waxing. Waxing is super easy, but it can be painful. When I get waxed, I generally will get ingrown hairs because waxing removes the hair all at once from the root. When it grows back, the risk of getting ingrown increases.
- I prefer razors and trimming with grooming tools, and I love my new super sexy Brio with an LED screen.
Pro Tips before you start
- Do your manscaping in the shower before turning on the water.
- Get a mirror in the shower to do your beard in there as well.
- Before shaving, exfoliate your body with a loofah.
- The direction to shave is a personal preference, which I detail in the video.
- I don’t use shaving cream as I find that body wash works just as well.
- If you have back hair, it needs to go. You can try to trim it yourself or get help from somebody. Or you can grab one of those do-it-yourself tools that has a handle. I really like the baKblade.
- With chest hair, I recommend that you grab your grooming tool and take the bulk down a bit if it’s a bit long. Make sure you don’t have long and crazy nipple hair, either. That’s not sexy.
- Most dudes are not comfortable shaving their armpits. But you should take some of the length down. This will help keep you drier, cooler, and smelling fresher.
- I shave my arms because I can see my veins when I work out. I’m more vascular, and I just like the way it looks. If you don’t want to do that, no problem.
- I keep my happy trail intact, But I will take some of the bulk or super long hairs down. The new Brio design has a grip action on the side.
- Now let’s talk about shaving your butt cheeks. Do not make the critical mistake of shaving your butt cheeks. You will itch and then be in agony. It’s like sitting on a cactus. Use your grooming tool and run it up your cheeks and into your crack. Make sure you don’t get too close to the rosebud.
- In terms of pubic hair, I like a bit of a racing stripe from the happy trail down. I do not shave with a razor, which will cause ingrown hairs. Again, I use my grooming tool.
- If you’re interested in taking hair off your legs, you don’t necessarily need to shave like women. Simply take some of the bulk of the hair down, making your calves look more defined and sexier.
- Big Al and the Twins need a nice, clean, and sharp razor. Make sure they are well lathered. Watch the video for more details.